Interview with Caterina Christakos - Author of Orlando Restaurant Guide

Can you tell us a little about your books and yourself? 

I have written several how to books and several children's books.Basically, anytime I feel passionately about something, I research and write about it. My favorite book topics are on how to write, like How to Self Publish Children's Books and Travel Books.

What inspired you to write your books?
I am inspired to write when I learn something new or when I have acquired a new experience. I just feel the need to share this with others.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I always learn something when I write my books. In the Orlando Restaurant Guide, I discovered even more hidden culinary gems in the Orlando area. These are places that locals actually hang out in.



What are some challenges that you faced while writing?
I tried to keep the book strictly about locally owned restaurants and yet found myself having to include a few obscure chain restaurants.Although most of the book stayed true to my intention, there are just some really quirky chains down here that I thought readers would want to know about.

Who or what in your life would you say influenced you the most?
In this area, my father had a big influence. He has opened up nineteen hotels and restaurants and really instilled in my a passion for amazing food.

What are your hobbies and interests away from the desk?
I travel a lot and just returned from a tour of Europe. I just love exploring other places and cultures.

What do you get passionate about?
I love learning new things and teaching them to others. If I can find a better way to do something, I feel compelled to share it.

What does “success” mean to you?
Having the ability and the funds to do exactly what I please whenever I feel like it.

What are your current projects?
I am writing a new book on how to earn a hundred dollars a day online legitimately. There are so many ways to do this and I believe at this time, people truly need this knowledge.

Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Keep writing. Keep a journal. Write on restaurant napkins. Keep an idea book. Just keep writing. You will find your own clear voice simply by doing this.

Leave a Reply