Interview with Adrian Schäfer - Author of Greenland Games

Can you tell us a little about your books and yourself?

Greenland Games it’s a story that took me about two years to put together. It’s an environmental fictional  story, where two different worlds are seen from the perspective of human eye, on the Macro world in one hand, and  the point of view of the Micro cosmos world in the other hand. A story that reveals true facts about the human sustainability on the earth and the human and corporative affairs that rolls under the carpet.

I am a very extrovert individual, with a very multifaceted approach to life and a playfull character. I work as a professional car designer in Europe, spend my free time writing about diverse topics that concerns my perception of the world. Traveling plays a fundamental role on this creative process and of course my relation and interaction with friends and strangers. A week out having fun, refresh my thoughts as well.


What inspired you to write your books?
My books are inspired from different sources, mostly from the themes that concerns me, the environment makes priority at this stage, but also my personal experiences and the ones collected from people around me. I have lived in three different continents and that gives you an edge for a wider view of what’s going on many social stratus, life styles and in the political, financial and the environmental arena, all these elements influence my view and what I do.

Greenland Games
Flying Heroes

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Yes writing it’s a very time consuming and enjoyable activity. It helps you to discover things in yourself, such as your attention to detail, and the reasons why you are observe things in a way that other people find it weird.Observation it’s a key element on the writers skills.


What are some challenges that you faced while writing?
Keeping on the structure of your characters and the timing of certain events in the novel, which are related to a branch of events, could be sometimes a quite big challenge for your mental concentration.

Who or what in your life would you say influenced you the most?
One icon who took my admiration from the very early age was Leonardo Da vinci, and his multitalented approach to life. Later was Mr Tesla, which I consider the most incredible inventor of the 20th century. In literature Mr Gabriel Garcia Marquez and his magic style, gave me another view of the world. Another thing of course was, my childhood, and my experiences as Teenager.  I did a lot of naughty things as a kid, which could have end up in a sudden death; but I was lucky enough to survive. So, nowadays, I do not take things for granted, everything in life needs to put up a big effort to reach a final goal. In this process, I always have very present the fact, that life itself its very fragile, so you have to watch your steps. Every day its a gift and we should make good use of it.



What are your hobbies and interests away from the desk?
 I do support human rights campaigns , have a blog for the bees and create music as well to balance out my creative universe. Design new ideas to create new products and have a few world patented inventions. Have done some painting exhibitions as well. I do also practice beach volleyball in the summer, scuba diving and love snowboard in winter.
www.gL-gL.org
www.admatson-beats.com
http://greenland-games.blogspot.de/
www.greenland-games.com


What do you get passionate about?
 I am passionate about many things, but one takes the most of it. Love and the people who are close to me.

What does “success” mean to you?
 Success could mean two things: It could mean and immediate positive result on the performance of one task or a breathtaking process that takes years of experience and can sum up in good or bad results. Both are positive, because from the good results you profit and improve. From the bad experiences, you must learn to avoid makingthe same mistakes of the past.

What are your current projects?
I am writing at this stage a new drama novel to be release soon 2014 base in 60% in real facts, but will have to make it also into the fictional territory to protect the identity of the players.  In the drawer, have three film scripts, one of them, already in development. One drama, one adventure and one comedy.

Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Work hard and don’t look back at your mistakes. Every day is a life opportunity, and you are the only one who can control what happen next.

One thought on “Interview with Adrian Schäfer - Author of Greenland Games”

Leave a Reply